Not Just Pictures
People are coming up with some real off-the-wall ideas when it comes to what they display inside their home - photographs and paintings are not the only things that can be framed. You can make a striking impact by considering other objects that would look good.
From steering wheels to rowing blades, from drumskins to full rugby kits, we have certainly seen a vast selection of items in our workshop, most of which you can see in our gallery pages of this website.
Wherever possible, we use archival materials and techniques for framing objects.
Objects can make a stunning display on your walls
For example, not only can you have your wedding photographs framed you can also create a unique memory of the day by incorporating objects and pictures within a frame, such as order of service, champagne corks or bottles, velvet ring bags, brides garter, groom's buttonhole etc.
Framing objects can be as unusual as the stories behind the objects themselves. We are regularly asked to frame objects such as medals, sports shirts and golf balls but have also framed icing sugar flowers, whippet's jackets and assisted in framing a complete wedding dress and veil.
Other items we have been asked to frame are:-
- Military and Historical memorabilia - medals, ribbons, badges, dog tags, patches etc.
- Family heirlooms
- Baby/children's - booties, identity bracelets, lock of hair, hand & feet cast, ballet slippers etc.
- Craft designs - needlepoint, cross-stitch, quilts, dollies etc.
- Sports shirts and memorabilia
- Certificates, awards and trophies
- Pressed and icing sugar flowers
- Wedding keepsakes - tiaras, dresses, garters, flowers
- Sculpture - see gallery
The fact is that almost any personal item that has emotional value to you could take pride of place in your home rather than be stuck out of sight in a drawer somewhere or in the attic.