The RWA 163rd Annual Exhibition – closing date 19th August
163 Annual Open Exhibition
The RWA 163 Annual Open Exhibition is now open for entries please submit here at www.rwasubmissions.org.uk
Closing date is 19 August
What is the Annual Open Exhibition? The Royal West of England Academy holds an Annual Open Exhibition now in its 163rd year. As the name suggests, anyone can enter their work for this mixed discipline show. A selection panel assesses every entry and last year 546 works by 346 artists made it into the final exhibition. All work is for sale, and the exhibition attracts art-lovers and art-buyers from far and wide.
- Artists are encouraged to submit recent work (produced within the last 3 years)
- All works must be for sale with prices predominantly under £10,000
- A maximum of 3 works may be submitted per applicant
- Work cannot have been exhibited before at the RWA
How much does it cost to submit work?
Submission fees are charged per item:
- £18 per item for General Public
- £16 per item for Students
- £14 per item for Friends of the RWA
- £9 per item for RWA Artist Network members
How do I submit work?
- Please read the Terms and Conditions which are also avilable to download as a PDF at the bottom of this page.
- All applicants must apply online using our Online Submission System (OSS) which can be accessed via our website here www.rwasubmissions.org.uk/login.php
- Please read the OSS User Guide which is also available to download as a PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Please contact the RWA if you cannot access a computer.
Do I have to submit images of my work online?
Yes. All artists must submit images of their work to be viewed at the online pre-selection stage. Your image should be as clear as possible and represent the work you wish to submit. If it is a 2D work we do not need to see the frame in the image, just the work. If the work is 3D you can still only submit one image so you must choose an image which best represents the work. Images should be a JPEG file and should not exceed a maximum size of 3MB.
What happens once I have submitted my work?
The closing date for online submission is the 19 August 2015 at 5pm. After this point no changes can be made to your application. Therefore please ensure that you have submitted the correct details, attached an image of your work, and paid for your submission by this date.
For more information, go to Royal West of England Academy