Hermione Hammond Drawing Award 2018 – A £2,000 award for current art students to encourage and reward the practice of contemporary representational drawing.
Art students, submit your work for free to the Hermione Hammond Drawing Award 2018 to win £2,000!
The Hermione Hammond Drawing Award was established in 2012, in memory of the artist Hermione Hammond (1910-2005) with the view to encourage the practice of representational drawing among art students.
Since 2017, it has been run in partnership with Mall Galleries, central London’s leading gallery which celebrates contemporary visual arts through a lively and diverse programme of exhibitions and events. The Award has so far been given to four art students, Rupert Smissen (Norwich University of the Arts, 2012), Philip Adamson (Northumbria University, 2013), Magi Kemp (Edinburgh College of Art, 2014), and Gideon Summerfield (Royal Drawing School, 2017).
Works will be judged by Head Judge Peter Clossick NEAC – member of the New English Art Club and Past President of The London Group, and the organisers of the Award.
Also, Cass Art have sponsored a Runner-Up Prize, £250 worth of art materials from Cass Art.
– First Prize: £2,000
– Runner-Up Prize: £250 worth of art materials from Cass Art
How to Submit
– All work must be submitted online. After final selection from online entries has taken place, entrants will be notified of the winner by email
– In conclusion, to enter, please upload up to six images of new or recent drawings (completed after 1st January 2017) at http://mallgalleries.oess.uk between Monday 22 January and Friday 20 April 2018
Important Dates for Hermione Hammond Drawing Award 2018
– Online submission opens: Monday 22 January 2018, 12 noon
– Online submission closes: Friday 20 April, 12 noon
– Winner announcement (by email): Monday 30 April, 12 noon